Monday, March 10, 2008

Components

Today I learned how to upload and install components. I uploaded a chatroom and a forum discussion tool. It was really a pretty simple procedure. Find these components on the web (I Googled "Joomla" and there were many links for these types of sites containing components). These components download to your computer in a .zip format. Next, go to the installer and choose the component installer and upload the .zip file from your computer. The Joomla site will do the rest. Now my next goal is to learn how to apply these components to our page. If we're going to use an online expert chat, this will come in handy. Another problem I am having is that the chatroom component that I down loaded is in French, so I'll probably trash it and get a different chat component (there were many on the afore mentioned site, I just chose the highest rated one).

No comments: