Friday, March 21, 2008

Components are a Good Thing

I downloaded a few more components for the site today. I loaded all of my snow snakes photos into a slideshow component, set up a blogging component, and set up the videos that I have of snow snakes into a video component. The media components both work quite well, but I have yet to figure out the Mamblog component, but it should give the site a place where registered members can blog about their experiences. I also reloaded the Xplorer component because the old one never worked for me. I could see using this FTP tool to upload some HTML and make our site even more pleasing to the eye.

Now is the time for my team to start applying their stuff onto the site: Photos, videos, lessons, FAQS, A-Z, links, and whatever goes into the "Snake Zone" should be applied to the site. Most of these can be done from the front end (except the photos which need to be loaded through the Component menu item called "Xtreme"). Things are progressing nicely and I can't wait to see where this is going to go now.

No comments: